Thursday, December 13, 2007

Madison Summit Oxfords, second pair

Three years ago I wrote about a horrible experience with junk shoes from Wal-Mart . Tonight I bought my second pair of Timberland Madison Summit Oxfords. I love these shoes and forwarded my thoughts to Timberland:

To Whom it May Concern,

I just wanted to write a quick note and thank you for such fantastic shoes. Two years ago I was looking for a new pair of shoes that I could use for work (business-casual), for school (walking around college campus), for home (playing sports with my kids, shoveling the walk, and wearing around the house) and for anything else. I was talking with a fellow in my church congregation and he suggested Timberland. I headed over to a local sporting good store and the sales guy immediately showed me your Madison Summit Oxford.

I purchased that pair of shoes 23.5 months ago and they has served me very, very well. I have worn them exclusively, for every activity. The best part about this shoe was how well it "restored" when I regularly applied my leather-weather cream.

Tonight I purchased my new pair, the exact same size and model for $30 cheaper than two years ago. I commend you on a fine product and its outstanding endurance. I appreciate your company's values and commitment to the environment. I hope this next pair will last me another two years and that I can continue on with my Madison Summit Oxford addiction in the foreseeable future (2010, 2012, 2014...).

No comments: